Today, I've thought a lot about random things. Here are some of them.
- I'm growing up. This morning, I went to one of my good friend's farewell. It's super super weird having your friends get their calls and leave on their missions. Every time I hear about someone that I graduated with getting their call, it's another slap in the face, as if to say, "You're getting old!!" It's so weird. Everyone is growing up. And it's all happening so fast. And it's not just the boys. A that I had classes with throughout high school is engaged and getting married in NOVEMBER. What the. She's my age. 18. That's like me getting married in a couple months. I think she is LOCO.
- Spencer is probably the biggest 2-year-old-that-can-get-away-with-anything-because-he's-so-stinkin'-cute on the face of this planet. He definitely keeps us entertained. Today while the sacrament was being passed...He was HILARIOUS. Definitely NOT the most convenient time ever. It's extremely hard to be reverent when you have a super cute big blue eyed little boy doing things like singing the eensy weensy spider and making various bodily noises without a care in the world. He was just so funny and my mom and I could not stop laughing. If you want the story, I will tell you. Ah I love him.
- Missions change people. They transform silly boys into spiritual giants. Today in our ward, we had 2 brothers speak. One is leaving on his mission in a month. The other just got home. It was super cool to see how they interacted. It was also cool to see how much the RM had changed. Both of their talks were awesome...very heartfelt.
- Jannae Jestes is a beautiful young woman. She is one of my best friends and I love her to pieces. I love listening to her stories and hearing her laugh. She is always so happy and she is definitely an example to me.
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing is a great hymn. It is my new favorite, even though it's not in the hymnbook. It was played today during Relief Society (see, I really am old). The 3rd and 4th verses really hit home for me today.
(V. 3) Jesus sought me when a stanger,
Wand'ring from the fold of God;
He, to resucue me from danger,
Interposed His precious .
(V. 4) O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constained to be!
Let Thy goodness, as a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
(Chorus) Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love:
Here's my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.
- Blog things are confusing. I can't figure certain things out and it's extremely frustrating. That's my story.
- I am very greatful for my piano-playing skills. They have definitely come in handy and have served me well. However. My music collection is boring to me now. Any suggestions for good piano solos??
- I am in dire need of a haircut. I have split ends out the wahzoo and it is no bueno. However, I am attached to my longish hair, even though it lays limp and flat and stuck to my head, no body or volume in sight. Sigh....
- Broccoli is delicious. Especially when it has melty cheese. Yum.
- I might lose my mind in the upcoming weeks. School starts tomorrow. I work 4 days a week and teach piano the other 2. Squeeze in studying and school work, and that equals no social life. I'm really really hoping this is not the case. However, it most likely will be. To all my friends, I am sorry and I promise I still love you mucho. That goes for my familia too. They're going to get to put up with the stressed-out-to-the-max-running-around-like-a-chicken-with-it's-head-cut-off Kymber, and from what I hear, she is no fun, and I believe it. Lo siento.
- I really dislike taking out the trash. It's one of my beloved household chores, and I really do loathe it. My poor mother has to tell me 42 times to take it out before I actually get around to it. Half the time I forget. The other half, I just don't want to, so I put it off until I forget. She just hollered from the other room asking if I had taken it out yet. No, no I haven't. Don't worry, Mom. Just as soon as I finish this post...
- Fuzzy aloe socks from Bath and Body Works are the best. Wear them for a couple hours, and your feet are smooth as smooth can be. I have 3 pairs. They're wonderful.
- Prayers are answered and peace will come. Plain and simple.
Well. This is all for now.