- I hate doing my hair. Like, my routine every day is this: Shower. Shampoo and condition hair. Run a pick through it. Define part. Air dry. I hate spending time on it. I just do!
- I love typing. I am super fast at it and can put most typers to shame. Srsly.
- I keep a box of milk chocolate vanilla buttercreams from See’s in my desk at work. I also keep a box at home. They are the best candies ever, the only thing from See’s that I like, and are quite simply divine. Try one. Your life will be changed.
- In 7th grade, my best friend and I decided one day after school that we were going to pluck our eyebrows that night. I didn’t know there were any correct techniques for eyebrow plucking and just went for it, tweezing from the top until I thought I had a good shape (there was no YouTube yet, okay?). Little did I know (until the next morning when best friend got on the school bus with awesome eyebrows), you’re supposed to tweeze from the bottom. I was mortified and had awful eyebrows for the next like five years.
- Speaking of awkward teenage looks, I have never had braces. However, I have always wanted braces. We have AWESOME benefits through MRudd’s job, so we plan on me getting braces by the end of the year. And my lifetime dream will be fulfilled.
- I recently discovered that me and MRudd’s anniversary (7/13) is the vault number at Gringott’s that the Sorcerer’s Stone was kept in. Seriously, how on earth have I not made this connection before? Basically, now MRudd and I feel freaking awesome because we love HP so stinking much and our anniversary has something to do with it. Basically, we’re the coolest kids on the block. Just sayin.
- I live for 5:00. Srsly.
- I don’t really enjoy meat. The pioneer trek scarred me for life when it comes to eating chicken, I hate pork and seafood, and red meat cannot be red...or have the slightest bit of pink. Sometimes I can stomach meat, but most days, no thank you.
- I may or may not have to turn my wedding ring around when I’m in the temple because I get way too distracted. The lights in there make it sparkle real nice, what can I say??
- I love going on trips. Anywhere and everywhere. Too bad MRudd would rather stay at home!
1. Is this how you imagined your life would be?
There you have it. Now I tag all ya'll!!
Pretty much, yes. I imagined being married to this stud since our first date. I imagined being done with school and working at a full time job. What I didn't imagine was the lack of desire for children (being real here), the status of "paralegal" at my age, or being an annual Disneyland pass holder.
2. If money were no question, I would purchase...
A house. A nice house. And a couple new cars. Nissan Juke, anyone?? I would also buy my way into being part owner of the $10 shoe store. Just for the discounts...Obvsly
3. What's your drink of choice when out with girlfriends?
Dr. Pepper, easy ice. Mr. Pibb will sometimes suffice.
4. What do you love about yourself?
I love that I know how to manage time, that I am efficient and productive and non-procrastinating. I love my long, full eye lashes, my small feet, and nicely shaped ears. I love my blondness and that I can laugh at myself for it. And I love that I can play the piano well, and teach well too. I love my creativeness and my eye for detail.
5. Name one good deed you did that went unseen.
I'm not really sure what the definition of "unseen" is, but not too long ago I paid for the car behind me's food in the In 'N Out drive through. Lots of happy feelings afterward. I should do that again. Other than that, I love to send little notes via real live mail to people all the time. Every once in a while someone will come back and tell me that my note is something they really needed that day. If you can make that big a difference by doing something so small and un-time consuming, more of it should be done. For sure.
6. What hobbies do you have that you don't mention on your blog?
Letsbehonest, I'm not sure what I've mentioned here and what I haven't. But...My hobbies include: Sudoku, playing and teaching piano, garage saling, scouring Amazon, blog stalking, hanging out with MRudd, doing nails, making lists, furniture re-do projects, doodling and going to baseball games.
There you have it. Now I tag all ya'll!!
1. I am a complusive list maker. And I dream (seriously folks) about getting things on my list(s) done. You should see my desk. And my purse. And my phone. And my Kindle. And my fridge. And the inside of my head for that matter. I even make lists of lists to make. Lists on lists on lists on lists. Srsly.
2. I hate the word peek. Like “take a peek.” Hate it. Peep isn’t much better.
3. i get super cold super easy. I keep a sweater in my car and at work. And I sleep with our huge duvet year round….In addition to my flat sheet. Michael Rudd on the other hand...We have three fans in our bedroom and that boy still overheats!
4. I change my phone case as often as I go to church, meaning it’s a weekly thing. Right now I’m sporting a hot pink floral number.
5. I go garage saling every Saturday morning. I also have two McDonald’s hash browns and a large Dr. Pepper for breakfast every Saturday morning. And I don’t even feel bad about it.
6. I love love love chocolate milk. Like, addiction status. I have at least two cups a day, but most days there’s three. One in the morning with (sometimes for) breakfast, one when I get home, and one just before brushing my teeth and climbing into bed. Oh, and Nesquick powder all the way. None of this syrup or pre-made business.
7. I forget my leftover lunch slash all other food at work like every day. It’s a problem. Sometimes a moldy one. Gross.
8. I am the world’s pickiest eater. And if I’m not the pickiest, I’m definitely in the top five. Just ask my poor husband. This chick doesn’t like anything.
9. When MRudd was on his mission, we sent a bucket list back and forth. It has things like “Go to Harry Potter World” and “Ride in a hot air balloon” written on it. We need to revisit that little gem and cross some things off!10. Before graduating from ASU, I would get asked “So what are you going to do once you graduate??” My response, every time, was “I’m going to watch TV.” And I was serious! I had watched next to zero TV that entire four years (with the exception of Biggest Loser) and I was ready for some down time away from textbooks and writing papers. MRudd was (and is) thrilled. The kid loves shows and movies. Since graduation, we have watched all four seasons of Community (hilarious, btw) and Whodunnit. Last night, I watched my very first episode of Friends. If MRudd was thrilled before, he’s even more thrilled now. He loves that show so much that he owns all ten seasons on DVD. I, on the other hand, had never before seen an episode. Here goes nothin...Ten seasons of nothin...
1. I hate cold water. Except when brushing my teeth. Cold water is the only way to go for that activity. Give me something warmer for drinking, swimming, showering, washing my hands, etc.
2. I recently discovered instant jello and it’s one-ingredient-five-minutes-to-make awesomeness. I recommend oreo and vanilla flavors. Holy freak delicious.
3. A while back, we upgraded our queen size bed for a king. We’ve picked out our bedding (this fancy little number) and everything, but I have yet to purchase it because bedding is hecka expensive! I mean you got the sheets and the duvet insert thing and the duvet cover...Sheesh! I think it’s bugging MRudd a tad...He confronted me on Sunday with a, “So like have you ordered our bedding yet?” No, Michael Rudd, I have not. $$$$$$$
4. I teach piano. I love teaching piano. I know...You’re probably thinking, “Yeah, along with the 500 other young Mormon women who live within a mile of you!” So what if lots of people teach. It’s fun, it’s using my talents, it’s rewarding, it’s lucrative, it’s a side job that doesn’t require obnoxious amounts of time...I say whoever decides to teach piano, or anything they’re good at for that matter, is pretty dang smart! I’ve taught for eight years. The least amount of students I’ve ever had was four (when I first started) and the most students I ever had at one time was 18 (my senior year of high school). It was awesome, but obviously, I didn’t have that kind of time available my first year of college. No way Jose. Right now I’ve got 15! Super fun.
5. I love Sudoku. A couple weekends ago, we planned a date night with our bmfs that revolved around my need for a book full of sudoku puzzles. I went for one. I walked out with four. And a book about Disneyland, because hello, I need that in my life. Srsly.
6. Yesterday, whilst flipping through the radio stations on my way to work, I definitely chose One Direction over Taylor Swift. I’m a die hard T-Swift fan (leave 20 minutes early the morning her newest album is released so that I can buy it from Target (deluxe edition, hello?!) on my way to work even though I won’t even have time to listen to it until after work), but what can I say? Sometimes One Direction just has that one thing. And sometimes that one thing is just a tad more than T-Swift can offer. It happens.
7. Most people hate cleaning out the holes where their wisdom teeth used to be in the weeks post wisdom teeth removal, but I love it. Not even going to lie, it irritates me when nothing comes out and I get super excited when I do get a little something to flush out of there. Gross, maybe, but to each his own, okay? So...cool.
8. I love Harry Potter. No, I am obsessed with Harry Potter. I even took (and got an A in, mind you) a Harry Potter class at ASU that counted toward my degree. Srsly. And it was bomb. MRudd has this game on his phone called Heads Up Charades! (think mix between charades and Catch Phrase). They recently updated with a Harry Potter category. If you want to see something impressive, watch me blow those HP questions out of the water. But seriously. And this morning, as soon as I opened my eyes, the HP theme song started playing in my head. So that was awesome.
9. Almost every single piece of furniture in our house was thrifted in some way, shape, or form. We came to this realization last night. Glad my husband’s okay with that one...
10. It took me all day to come up with this list. Apparently I should get to know myself some more.
Please note: Although this post is entitles "Ten Things Tuesday," don't expect one of these bad boys every Tuesday. But coming up with this list was fun, so we'll see where it goes.